UN-OCEANS Task Forces
UN-OCEANS agreed to pursue time-bound initiatives, with well-defined terms of reference, through ad hoc Task Forces open to the participation of NGO's and other international stakeholders as required. These task forces, coordinated by a lead institution will foster collaboration around existing joint activities as well as new emerging activities UN-Oceans will identify.
- UN-OCEANS Task Force on Post-Tsunami Response (Discontinued in 2006)
- UN-OCEANS Task Force on Biodiversity in Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction
- UN-OCEANS Task Force on Establishing a Regular Process for Global Assessment of the Marine Environment (link to UNGA: Towards a Regular Process website)
- Task Force on Global Partnership for Climate, Fisheries and Aquaculture (PaCFA)
- UN-OCEANS Task Force on Global Programme of Action for the Protection of the Marine Environment from Land-based Activities (link to UNEP / GPA site) (Discontinued in 2007)
- UN-Oceans Task Force on Marine Protected Areas and Other Area-based Management Tools